Thursday, January 14, 2010

Finding my source of strength through my life’s obstacle course

The journey of life, this path that is in front of me is full of twists and turns. I am in a small clearing of some kind, over grown with trees that have no leaves. This is a sad place, overgrown, cold, and dim as there is not much sunlight. I find a small path that leads me away, the gravel trail is narrow and hard to navigate. I am not sure which way I am going as the canopy of trees above me is restricting the sky. I keep walking and find that the trail forks off in two directions. I ask myself which way I should go. They both appear to not change in landscape, but I feel a pull from my inner self to take the path to the left. Learning to navigate by my inner self is a new adventure for me but I openly follow the trail.


That is what I am feeling right now. I am raw with my emotions as I can’t see the path to where I need and want to be. My career has been on hold and I have had to just heal this past two years. One of my lessons right now is patience. Over and over I get the message to be patient. Patience with my kids, patience with my job, my career, and now with the man I am in love with. I ask myself why things can’t be easier but then I quickly answer with...there would be no growth then.

Today I will trust that my inner compass will bring me safely down the right path. This journey…my life has come full circle with my past. For many years I was walking next to the other path but would never see it due to the overgrown trees and thorn bushes that were painful to get past. The paths have crossed at some point briefly and now on that other path across from me I can see my life as I want it; healthy, whole, the love I want. I can see it all clear but the paths have not met again and I am unable to get over there. I will continue to walk to the end and trust that these two trails will meet again.

I have that familiar feeling wash over me that tells me that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. For now, I will embrace this lesson of patience as painful and frustrating it is. The lesson now…here in front of me is to embrace joy and life in every moment. To learn to live in the now is the most powerful tool we can apply to our lives. Happiness does not start tomorrow or when we get to our destination. Abundant joy starts today as we choose to carry it, embrace it with all of our being. We must soak it up like a sponge soaks up the water.

I close my eyes and see the landscape different in my mind and when I reopen my eyes I see a renewed place. I see the trees bold and beautiful in all their glory providing shade on a warm sunny day. The air is clean and the sky is vibrant blue. I smell the flowers fragrant aromas wafting through the air and they are bright and beautiful. I am where I am supposed to be and it is good. My source…my God…my inner guidance system is leading me into a place of abundance and I embrace it now. Tomorrow will come as it should, I will be open to walk this path and see where it leads me trusting in the perfect process. I will again be open and I will again let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment